Newcastle University is taking applications for the Sustainable Impact Scholarship award for Executive MBA for foreign candidates in the 2021/22 school year.
They are seeking to take in the next cohort of leaders from the North East who can display their potential to have a positive, sustainable influence on society and the economic recuperation of the region. They are devoted to supporting persons who are not afraid to contest the status quo and ask searching questions about what type of society and economy they wish to create.
They aim to entice students from all industries whose establishments or position directly addresses or adds to challenging one of the main UN Sustainable Development Goals. The diversity of their cohort is key to their philosophy of a thought-provoking and developmental learning space for all their students and to mirror the regional social and economic landscape in the North East.
They are particularly interested in attracting applicants from non-representative groups such as the Black and Occupied Territories (BAME). The Sustainable Development Scholarship Award will reward applicants who hope to provide strength, encouragement and guidance in their field. Successful applicants will be shown how their work directly impacts the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and (although not limited to) inclusion and equity. Newcastle University (officially the University of Newcastle upon Tyne) is a British public university located in Newcastle upon Tyne, Northeast England. It has foreign offices in Singapore and Malaysia. The school is a red brick school and part of the Russell Group, a research-focused group of universities in the UK. He received the Gold Award in Education Period (TEF), one of Russell’s Ten Schools to be awarded the TEF Gold award.
Worth of Sustainable Impact Scholarship at Newcastle University
1x Full Scholarship award of £24,000 (Executive MBA), applicable towards the expense of tuition fees
Eligibility for Sustainable Impact Scholarship at Newcastle University
To be qualified for this full-fee scholarship award, you have to meet the following conditions:
- Filled out the Sustainable Impact Scholarship award application form and submitting a personal statement of at most 1,000 words to prove how your work directly contributes to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and specifically (although not restricted to) inclusivity and social justice and how you would add to the experience of your Executive MBA group in relation to this.
- Filled out and submitted an online Executive MBA program application form (Full Scholarship award) OR a Level 7 Senior Leader Apprenticeship leading to a Postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies Request for Training Form (Top Up Scholarship award)
- reside in and/or work in the North East
- be from an under-represented group within a specific organisation or sector, which may comprise:
- working in an SME or third sector establishment including charities, social enterprises and voluntary establishments
- working in an establishment or have a role that clearly supports a more sustainable future for the region and beyond
- possess a conditional or unconditional offer of a place to the Executive MBA 2020 entry
- possess essential leadership or managerial experience (at least 3 years, preferably 5 years prior to commencing the programme)
- preferably possess the equivalent of a UK 2:1 honours degree qualification (however, candidates who do not satisfy this requirement but can display relevant work experience higher than the minimum plus substantial career progression may also be given consideration)
- perform well during interview across all proficiency areas